Nourishing Your Kitten for Optimal Health and Growth
At Lake Pine Animal Hospital, we recognize the crucial role of proper nutrition in your kitten's development. As obligate carnivores, kittens require specific nutrients found in animal flesh to thrive. Our recommendations for kitten diets are based on AAFCO standards and are formulated to meet the unique nutritional needs of cats under one year of age.
Recommended Diets for Kittens (Under 1 Year)
- Science Diet: Indoor Kitten (Available in wet and dry)
- One: Healthy Kitten Formula (Dry)
- One Focus: Kitten Formula (Wet)
- Wholesome Essentials: Kitten Food (Dry)
- Wholesome Essentials: Max Kitten (Wet)
- Proactive Health: Healthy Kitten (Available in wet and dry)
- Each bag of kitten food includes a feeding chart, providing guidance on the appropriate amount to feed your kitten based on their body weight, in cups or ounces per day.
Feeding Tips for a Healthy Kitten
- Consistent Feeding Schedule: Establish regular feeding times to create a routine for your kitten.
- Portion Control: Follow the guidelines on the food packaging to avoid overfeeding.
- Fresh Water: Ensure your kitten has constant access to fresh water.
- Transitioning Foods: If changing diets, do so gradually to avoid digestive upset.
Supporting Your Kitten’s Dietary Needs
Choosing the right food for your kitten is vital for their growth and wellbeing. Our team at Lake Pine Animal Hospital is here to offer guidance on kitten nutrition and to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Lake Pine Animal Hospital - Committed to the lifelong health and happiness of your feline family member.
If you have questions and you'd like to reach out to us, you can call us directly at (919) 380-1157, or you can email us at [email protected]. Don't forget to follow us on social media Facebook, Instagram.